Josephine O. Edwards Guest Writer
Build, launch, and grow; these three words define the journey of any startup or business. Building and launching might be daunting, but they aren’t as difficult as they appear. Growing is another issue entirely.
Ask any established business owner; they will tell you the same.
Growing a business is an uphill task. It takes a lot of effort, time, dedication and sometimes, even risks. The change you want to see won’t happen overnight, or even during the coming week.
Instead it will be a gradual change that will require you to keep moving forward in other to achieve it.
If you are serious about growing your business and think you have what it takes to keep going, here are some of our tips on how to grow your business.
- Improve customer loyalty: Most startups choose to focus more on getting new customers. While this is not a bad idea, your efforts could become wasted if your customers are not loyal. You have to make sure that your customers keep buying from you and not your rivals. To achieve this, you can reward them for their loyalty and remind them that you appreciate their business.
- Take advantage of social media: Without a doubt, social media is one of the most popular technology trends currently. New platforms keep popping up one after the other every day. It would be best if you took advantage of as many social media platforms as possible to grow your business. This will improve your business reach and readily provide information about any of your business’ promo events.
- Network as much as possible: A business does not grow by staying in the same place. Make sure to attend as many networking events that are related to your startup as possible. You will come across people who are willing to help or provide insight into improving operations. So take your time to network and build connections for your business.
- Improve your customer service: if you manage to impress your customers with your customer service skills, then chances are they will come back to buy from you or use your service. If you provide discounts to your customers on some particular goods, they are bound to spread the word about your business to others too. This will yield more customers for you as well as loyal customers too.
- Source for more funds: Growth is impossible without extra funds. You can acquire these funds in several ways. Investors may be asked to invest more, banks may provide you with loans, or you can use personal funds. As long as you can raise the necessary funds, then your business is bound to grow if managed correctly.